We at Orofacial Therapeutics, LP (“OFT,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) have created this privacy notice (this “Privacy Notice”) because we know that you care about how the information you provide to us is used and shared. This Privacy Notice relates to the information collection and use practices of OFT in connection with our Services, which are made available to you through our website located at QuickSplint.com (the “Website”).
Description of Users and Acceptance of Terms
Information We Collect and/or Receive
In the course of operating the Website, and the Services, OFT will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information.
- Order Information: When Customers place an order through our Store, we will also collect and/or receive certain information, including but not limited to, the Products in their Order History (“Order Information”).
- Other Information: In addition to the Order Information and the Shipping and Billing Information, we may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
- From Your Activity: In an ongoing effort to improve the Website and the Services, we automatically collect certain information when Visitors visit the Website, and when Customers use the Services. Such information includes, without limitation, IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Website Visitors visit, and similar information concerning your use of the Services.
- From Cookies: We collect information using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help us collect Other Information and to enhance your experience using the Services.If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using our online services, as some features and services on our online services may not work properly. Depending on your device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. In addition, if you want to reject cookies across all your browsers and devices, you will need to do so on each browser on each device you actively use. You may also set your email options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our email and performed certain functions with it.
How We Use and Share Information
You authorize us to use Order Information and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide and improve the Website and the Services; to solicit your feedback; and to inform you about our products and services and those of our promotional partners.
You also authorize us to use and/or share Information as described below.
- Agents, Providers and Related Third Parties: We may engage other companies and individuals to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, order fulfillment, customer service, and marketing assistance. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law. We may also share your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, or other companies under common control with us.
- Promotional and Marketing Partners: We may at times share your contact information with promotional and marketing partners that may send you promotional or marketing communications about their own products and services or the products and services of other third parties.
- Aggregated Information: In an ongoing effort to better understand our Visitors, and Customers, we may analyze Personal Information with Other Information in anonymized and aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Website and the Services and for our own research purposes. This aggregate information does not identify you personally.
- Business Transfers: As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be transferred as part of or during our consideration of such an event.
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose your Information if required to do so by law, or in the good faith belief that such action or disclosure is necessary or appropriate to: (i) operate the Platform, (ii) comply with any legal obligation, report unlawful activity, cooperate with law enforcement, or protect against legal liability, (iii) protect and defend our rights, property, personnel, suppliers, sponsors, agents or licensors, or (iv) protect the personal safety of vendors, users of the Platform or the public.
How We Protect Your Information
We take commercially reasonable steps designed to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, we cannot guarantee the security of the Information, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to or from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail you send or receive may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Accessing and Modifying Information and Communication Preferences
When registering with our Website, customers may opt out of having their Information used for purposes not directly related to the provision of goods or services through our Website. Customers may also access, remove, review, and/or make changes to the same by following the instructions found on the Website. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of any OFT marketing e-mail. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. Customers cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to their account with OFT.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
The Website, the Services, and their servers are operated in the United States. Please be aware that your information, may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Website and/or the Services, you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to such transfer, processing, and use in the United States and elsewhere.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not give us any Personal Information. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce our Privacy Notice by instructing their children to never provide us with Personal Information without their permission. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to us, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
If you are a California resident, please click here for a supplemental California Privacy Notice containing additional information about the processing of your personal information and the rights granted to you by California law.
Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes permits a Nevada resident to opt out of future sales of certain covered information that a website operator has collected or will collect about the resident. To submit such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Nevada Opt-Out” in the subject line.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you with services, please contact us. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Changes to This Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice is effective as of the date stated at the top of this Privacy Notice. We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. Any such changes will be posted on the Website. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or a prominent posting on the website prior to the changes becoming effective. By accessing the Website and/or using the Services after we make any such changes to this Privacy Notice, you are deemed to have accepted such changes. Please be aware that, to the extent permitted by applicable law, our use of the Information is governed by the Privacy Notice in effect at the time we collect the Information. Please refer back to this Privacy Notice on a regular basis.
How to Contact Us
If you have questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact OFT via e-mail at email@example.com with “Privacy Notice” in the subject line.